Safety & Training
Expert Traffic Control Training and Inspections
Be trained by AWP’s staff of certified trainers, inspectors, and experienced traffic safety professionals. AWP’s safety and training services go beyond standard traffic control operations to a level that we consider second to none.
Work Zone Inspection
AWP provides comprehensive work zone inspections that incorporate State DOT procedures, OSHA Work Zone Inspection Directives, and our own internal procedures, which are based on over 20 years of experience. AWP’s inspection and reporting process is completely digital and the included documentation meets or exceeds requirements. AWP will also provide a re-education component for employees involved in the inspection.
Cathodic Protection Inspection
AWP’s certified Cathodic Protection Inspectors perform test station readings on natural gas pipeline cathodic protection systems. Each inspection is overseen by an AWP project manager to ensure safe, compliant, accurate, and timely inspections every time. All test station work follows USDOT guidelines, and all AWP Cathodic Protection Inspectors are Operator Qualified (OQ).
AWP’s external training services are temporarily unavailable. At this time our personnel and resources are committed exclusively to internal training while the AWP team expands at an unprecedented rate. We thank you for your patience as we train our growing team so that we may continue to provide safe traffic control services to all AWP customers. We have a long history of offering the same extensive training to clients that we provide to our team members, and we will make these services available again in the near future. AWP training programs have been developed by a team of experienced traffic control and safety professionals who are experts in all compliance requirements for every state within AWP’s service territory. AWP trainers are highly qualified and certified by the proper authorities to provide the following courses:
- ATSSA Flagger
- ATSSA State Specific Flagging
- ATSSA Traffic Control Technician
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor
- ATSSA Traffic Control Design Specialist
- ATSSA Florida Restricted Activities
- ATSSA Florida Intermediate
- ATSSA Florida Advanced
- ATSSA Florida Refresher
- ATSSA Basic Traffic Control for Utilities
- ATSSA Emergency Traffic Control for Emergency Responders
- EMS Safety Services CPR/AED
- EMS Safety Services First Aid
- EMS Safety Services First Aid/CPR/AED
- NSC Defensive Driving
- NSC Advanced Defensive Driving
- North Carolina Maintenance/Utility Traffic Control Guidelines
- OSHA 10-hour for the Construction Industry
- OSHA 30-hour for the Construction Industry
- VDOT Flagger
- VDOT Basic Traffic Control
- VDOT Intermediate Traffic Control
- VDOT Advanced Traffic Control
Training Program Audits, Evaluations & Development
AWP’s Training & Compliance team provides organizational evaluations, and develops training programs tailored specifically to that organization to ensure all applicable compliance standards and regulations are met. AWP also provides Training Program Audits to update, improve, and bring existing programs into compliance with current standards.
AWP also provides customized training developed specifically for client needs.
To request AWP safety and training services request a quote or find an AWP facility near you.